Two years, four months ago I began blogging Tuesday Tech Tips. Today marks number 50!
One of my go-to tools is a Chrome Extension called Screencastify. It can be used on any computer with the Chrome browser, a Chromebook or Chromebox. This tool allows you to capture video from your screen, webcam, or both.
Screencastify is free. A few imitations to the paid version is that videos are limited to 10 minutes, and you can only record up to 50 times a month (that is a lo!). I like that I can upload my videos right to YouTube and edit there.
1. To begin, add the Screencastify Extension to your browser
2. Allow it to access your computer's microphone and camera
3. Sign in to Google Drive so videos save in the "Screencastify" folder
4. Set permissions to allow tab recording (optional, but recommended).
5. Press the filmstrip Screencastify icon and record!
Ready to take it one step further? Take a look at Matt Miller's Ditch That Textbook blog article on more ways to use Screencastify.
Thanks for reading!
~The IT Persin,
About the "IT Persin"
Carol has her degree from Duquesne University in elementary education (K-6) and the Instructional Technology Specialist certificate. She has 4 years of teaching experience K-8 & 1 year of computer para experience. Carol is currently the Technology Integration Specialist for Keystone Oaks School District in Pittsburgh, PA. She has been married 5 years to her loving husband and they have a retired racing Greyhound, Henry.
Search my site!