1. Go to the website: classroom.google.com 2. Login using your school email@example.com and password Note: Classroom only works with education accounts. Personal g-mail addresses will not work 3. Enter the name of your class and section (you can always edit this later)
Explore a Sample Home Page (hover over the image)
4. "Enter" your classroom. You can select a theme on the right side of the screen 5. Edit the About page for your classroom. You can add attachments at the bottom of the page like a classroom website or important document (syllabus, homework policy, etc).
Explore a Sample Classroom Page (hover over the image)
6. Add an announcement or assignment (see below)
7. Finally, have your students go to Google Classroom. Have them login, select "I'm a Student" and click the plus sign. Here they can enter your unique code that is found on your classroom page.
*Have time on your first day for students to complete a sample assignment*
8. After a student turns in assignment, you can grade it on the spot and add comments both with the grade and in the document.